PDA

Visualizza versione completa : Ancora Dreamcast dietro Night of the Werehog

sharkone
08-03-2009, 18.16.46
Scena non inclusa, peccato sarebbe stata grandiosa:

When Sonic Team did “Night of the Werehog” they planned on having a scene where Sonic and Chip play the Dreamcast. What happen? This is what Sonic Team posted on their blog, regarding the screen above:

Matsubara: Sonic and Chip are playing a Dreamcast! I’m feeling a rush of emotion!
Yoshino: But there’s no scene like this in Night of the Werehog.
Kinoshita: This was a story concept that had to be left on the cutting room floor. As you can see, it was never finished. We simply did not have time to include it.
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3398/3338484664_819b6c253d_o.jpg

Altre curiosità sul filmato. sempre dal blog dell'altra volta:

Matsubara: When I first saw (Night of the Werehog), it was like a gift from heaven! Sonic and Chip are so cute in it…
Yoshino: Now you’ve got me interested. I want to know how it’s done!
Matsubara: So you’re interested! Why don’t you ask a little more about it?
Yoshino: I know somebody who works at Sega’s VE Animation Studio. I will call them up on the phone.
http://www.tssznews.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/090227_ve_02-266x200.jpg
Sega V.E.: When Night of the Werehog came out, we used a machine to translate the 3D model of the girl ghost in to this statue you see here.
Matsubara: She is very pretty! Not only is her face beautiful, but she has a very elegant design, like that of a selfish princess.

Yoshino and Matsubara then move to the meeting room, where Night of the Werehog storyboards are set up. There are literally dozens of images tacked to a board, laying out the entire Night of the Werehog short movie scene-by-scene, shot-by-shot with hand drawn sketches.

http://www.tssznews.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/090227_ve_04-266x200.jpg

Yoshino: How long did it take you to complete Night of the Werehog?
Sega V.E.: After the story and the scene progression was decided, it took us around one year.
Matsubara: Are you serious!?
Yoshino: That’s longer than I expected.
Sega V.E.: During that one year, I created this.
Matsubara: Is this a reference document? There’s data on Sonic, Chip, the three ghosts…
Matsubara: Wow, there’s a lot here! The names of the three Ghosts, descriptions of their personalities, likes and dislikes, what they did when they were alive, how they died…
Yoshino: This document is really thick! There’s tons of pages.
Sega V.E.: This still isn’t all of it, either. When we create a character, we create a lot of depth behind that character so their personalities come through more naturally.
Matsubara: I must say, for a movie without a single line of dialog, these characters definitely showed a lot of personality and emotion.

boygio
10-03-2009, 17.35.49
Dreamcast forever and ever.

City Hunter
11-03-2009, 11.31.16
Peccato che non sia stato inserito, era una chicca stupenda :D

E' bello vedere come, dirigenza a parte, il resto di Sega sia ancora fortemente legato al Dreamcast.

Curioso di vedere i prossimi lavori di Sega VE ;)